September 27, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Wow! We are really good at updating our blog. It's only been...2 months! Things have been pretty dang busy, but life is great. Matt is back in school at the U for his last semester. Yea! We're super excited for the month of October, most of all because we're going to Massachusetts to visit my sister and brother-in-law, Amber and Len, and our cute niece and nephew! Matt received invitations to interview at three med schools back east, and was lucky enough to get all 3 scheduled for the same week in October. So while he's busy with those I'll be hanging out with Amber and her fam.

This weekend we had some great parenting practice! We watched two of our nieces (a 3 year old and a 22 month old) all weekend while my sister Erin and her husband were celebrating their anniversary. What were my favorite parts of this experience? Having a three year old tell me "You need to focus and listen to what I'm telling you," having to wake up every two hours throughout the night to a crying toddler, and learning that being a mom is a lot of hard work! And what did Matt learn from this experience? Baby poo makes him want to throw up. Matt couldn't be in the same room as me while I was changing diapers without starting to gag. It was a definitely a lot of fun, but I have a lot of respect for my sisters and mom.





Making brownies



Feeding the ducks at Layton Park. This ended with a big goose chasing Avery as she ran for her life screaming and crying.





This is actually from awhile ago, but I promised my sister Amber that I'd put it up for her to see. Randy, next time wear a cup.

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY! I was getting a little annoyed! LOved the video by the way, I laughed so hard that it made me cough (I am sick), and then I peed a little!
    Oh, ya, I must say, that your blog design reminds me a little of your apartment! Maybe you should put a picture of you and Matt on it so we all know who you are!!!! Oh and could you make it a little bit bigger, it's kind of hard to see! Just kidding, you know I love you!

    ReplyDelete